I found the first article quite funny. It is interesting to learn how impolite Germans can be when going about their daily lives. In America it is pretty unheard of for someone to purposely run into you while you are walking down the sidewalk. I am also surprised due to this contact that there are not more fights that break out in Germany.
You have to be kidding about having sex shops just randomly thrown throughout Germany. I could not even imagine it ever being appropriate here to have a sex shop in a location where children or the average person could just pass by. And to go beyond that you can look straight into the store and view all the pornographic videos. In Ann Arbor we may have a sex store on South University, however it is very docile and doesn’t have porn plastered all over the windows.
The toilet cleaning article was pretty lame, but it was interesting to learn that they are found in so many places, and isn’t limited to higher end establishments as they are in the United States.
If I were to try to pick up a girl with the fleeting stare in the United States it would just make me look creepy. I like that the whole flirting scenario is the responsibility of the woman after the initial “hey” look. But the fact that I couldn’t even say hi without possibly scaring her off is kind of off-putting to the social dynamic of Germany. It would be really funny to see that the author just happens to be unattractive and girls just find him weird/ugly.
The Women in Germany facts were hard to read without getting bored, because they were just simple facts. Then again Germans really do love their facts as pointed out when discussing a previous Kultur article. I found it very high that 81% were living in a family, even without kids this seems really high. The average age for getting married in Germany seems really old, but I guess that is a good thing because it is responsible. New Lander seems more successful and a better place to live
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.