Donnerstag, 22. März 2012

Kultur 5- Cameron Carpenter

The idea that a German will ignore that some one is there is a little bit surprising and that the people wont even say sorry or anything, but I mean they are Canadian so what can we expect. I found it really funny that an older women would jab someone just so her grand kid could see a parade. After that the comment that a young man will still give up his seat for n older lady is probably more out of fear than respect. Firstly the opening to this article is hilarious and probably the best thing we read all semester. This article is fairly accurate about the American perception I believe, however it is not completely correct in Ann Arbor we have the safe sex shop right on north u. and there is also one in my home town that's fairly open. Comparatively to Germany though we are quite close minded on the matter and I don't think any one say " oh I have some extra money, I should get some porn!". The idea of paying for a public bathroom seems insane to me, I think the person who gets paid to do it then they should. Charging you petty change although doesn't seem like much it would really add up, which we saw by some of the women's weekly earning. A thousand dollars a week is crazy for just cleaning a bath room. For the flirting article I really only read the part for the men since I decided that was probably the only part that pertained to me. It is really interesting that girls will not like it if you are to forward and will most likely to be scared off. The quick eye contact is rather weird to me, but I suppose it makes sense, although it would probably be considered awkward in the united states. The main gist of the last article was that women seem to be better than men in Germany, they live longer, there are more of them (although that's probably better for the men), and more go to college. I found this article so dumb compared to the normal kultur articles so I really only skimmed it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.