Donnerstag, 8. März 2012

Kultur 4- Cameron Carpenter

The first article was very interesting. Although I knew that a lot of people in Europe like to bike places. I also knew that they just went on the street or side walk and don't have their own lanes like many place over here. Mein Opa hates them, aber if one got in his way I would like to think that he would move. So to hear that many Germans would move is extremely surprising. I'm not particularly surprised that the drivers don't stop for pedestrians, although it is so different from over here, especially Ann Arbor in which one can cross any where and assume even with out looking they will be fine. Over there and even in larger cities over here drivers really get the right away and if a walker gets in their way it will most likely be their funeral. Its very funny that the Germans are so logical that if one asks for a ticket then asked for the next train and the teller will tell you the next train not if it is yours or if your ticket is valid for the ride. The idea of a free meal in our culture is quickly disappearing, however when we see a chance to get one we almost never turn down the opportunity. I we saw a train with no turn styles we would probably hop on that train whether or not its going where we want. To see that in Germany they buy tickes no matter what. It kinda reminds me a parking tickets, one may get away with not paying fr a while, but soon your luck will run out and you'll pay a lot more in the end. First off I love the Idea of Slobs Anonymous. The Idea of two one way streets running into each other seems crazy, but I'm sure the Germans thought of a way to make it work. They are the most organized people and this just furthers proves it.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.