Dienstag, 31. Januar 2012

Kultur2, Sean Cope

I found these articles mildly humorous. I feel because i don't have any experience visiting Germany that i can't completely get the humor behind it. For example in the first article about how Germans always complain all i could think about is how americans complain a lot to and that it would be highly unlikely for german complaining to be any different or worse than that of americans. I thought of how everyone here argues their opinion and figure i would take complaining over that quickly.

The second article gave a little more background into why that situation may exist which made it easier to understand and relate to. Having that nosy of neighbors would be so annoying and become a burden quickly having people checking on you. Like being around overbearing parents minus the personal connections and the love that they have for me.

Hahah i want to live in the blunt German culture that is described in the last article. I hate having to sugar coat things if i dont like it. I think thats normal for everyone but if this is how germany really is it would make people have thicker skin and not react so much over little issues that have no importance.

I would have no idea how to answer any of those questions in the next article in english let alone german. Would they accept "Ich komme aus Ann Arbor"? If not i wouldnt be able to tell anyone where im from without looking like an dommkopf.

Overall they are good articles but would be easier to relate to if i had experience visiting or living in Germany. Also these articles were much shorter and easier to read than the last Kultur exercise which was like 50 pages.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.