Dienstag, 10. April 2012

Kultur 6- Cameron Carpenter

Ich finde very interesting how the Germans took the tabloid journalism to a new level. Ich mag this article mainly because my grandma used to work for life magazine which is now people magazine, so she has told me a lot about that kind of thing. However to go as far as publishing naked people is unheard of over here, although I suppose the European liberality with sexuality would probably make it more acceptable. I did find it funny how defensive the magazine got when the sun published a partially nude Foto of the chancellor. Calling saying " my chancellor is nicer for me to look at than your whiskey-bloated ass-faces in London", and then calling them out for the up coming world cup. This article got me very interested and hopefully I can read Bild Zeitung soon.
The second article was not nearly as fun as the first, but I did find it good to know that if a door is shut one should still just knock and walk right in. I did enjoy the picture of Bush looking like a idiot, but who doesn't like that. I also enjoyed that closing paragraph telling you to show that door who is boss knock hard once and walk right on in.
The third article was also quite interesting how complicated the Germans make every thing. The trash obviously is no different with trash, when I counted up the number of bins the article said there were I counted acht bins which is about seven more than we have on average. I really enjoyed the little story it had, about how every one got confused some with the train and the narrator with the trash. I like how it was added that trash disposal is often headlining news in Germany, where it would never be here.
It's pretty cool that most German students don't live in dorms. I feel like it gives them more of a real world transition in stead of the dorms. Although I also think that with the decentralized living arrangements it would drastically change the college experience.
Firstly T
übingen looks sehr schön, a mix in between north England with its architecture and a Venice like feel from all the small boote on the river. It is cool that it has a connection with here and that the university was the first to open after the war.
I had no Idee that there were so many immigrants in German. I friend from frankfurt had told me a little about them and how much he hated the people from turkey, a gang of them once beat and stabbed him. It is crazy that 80% of asylum seeking persons in Europe come to germany, because that is a massive number.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.