Donnerstag, 12. Januar 2012

Cameron Carpenter - Kapitel 1 Kultur-Texte

I found the part of the article I read very interesting, especially the part in native Americans and the Germans fascination with them. To learn that there are over 200 "Indian clubs” in Germany. I also knew that many Germans did live in cities such as new york and other new England cities, but I wa not aware of their love for the wooded areas and how that lead them to the Midwest. I was also suprised that so many americans would turn their backs on their german heritage, I mean 63% percent is a lot.

I love hot dogs, I mean strait up love them. So I knew all about their origin in Germany. However I was very surprised to learn that when Oscar Mayer openned up he first shop that he based a lot of his style of making his franks off the traditional German style. One would think that since hotdogs are very close to German style frankfurter the the Wienermobile would go to German sooner than Spain and especially sooner than Japan. So to learn that one did not get there until 2000 I was quite surprised.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.