Dienstag, 17. Januar 2012

AMD1, Sean Cope


What I chose to do for my AMD cultural learning of German was watch the pilot of How I Met Your Mother in German on youtube. I watched the original American version over the weekend so the actual language and plot was still fresh in my head allowing me to guess fairly well at what they were talking about. It was very interesting at how terrible the voices are dubbed in. They don’t even match the lip movements at all which would obviously be difficult to do given the fact that they are speaking English. At one point Barney and Ted are talking on the phone together and Barney hangs up the phone but the German talking keeps going 5 seconds longer. While watching this I learned some important every day German phrases such as “Im Anzug!” which in that context means “Suit up!”.  In the show they also had introductions where I knew what they were saying exactly.  Also on that note the top comment on the first part of the video is “teds tochter ist heiß :D”. In the show they used the word bitte quite a bit as well which makes it pretty interesting to me. Laser tag in German is the same thing as English. Overall watching this in German was funny but only because I knew the basic jokes they were saying to begin with and their body language remained the same. Er machen sie lachen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhSxOphqPJU 


Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.