The trash cans in Germany are awesome. I wish we did that intense of a recycling program here in the USA. Every train station I was at in Germany had the standard 4 sections for trash/recycling, and it was incredible how well these were used. I don't get the joke (?) about the recycling bins not being available am Sonntag. Is this actually the case?
The German tabloid papers were very strange, and although I never did read a copy of "Bild Zeitung" I heard a lot about it. For such a serious culture, the Germans seem to love their tabloid journalism. There is a strange sense of humor common across many Germans, and this article reinforces this fact to me. It seems like there is a very fine line (at least from the article) on what is funny and what is out of bounds (the Angela Merkel photos) in the culture as well. I find it really interesting that the Bild Zeitung's writer Franz Joseph Wagner was so offended (possibly just to write an article) that he authored a scathing editorial about the British. The dymanic between European countries is very interesting and that's one of the things that I would find most interesting if I were to live in west Europe for an extended period of time. Here in America we all have the same federal government, but in Europe there are different leaders for every country, often with disagreeing notions of how things should be. The lack of a true centralized leader (like the President here) makes European politics very interesting to me.
It seems natural that Germans would always keep the doors closed, even when they are open to interruption or are not busy. It just seems very Teutonic
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.