Dienstag, 6. März 2012

AMD 4

For this week's AMD, I simply tried acting like a German. It sounds drab, but it was actually quite entertaining. Whenever I ate, I only used utensils, like a true German. I also had conversations with mein Vater, who is also learning German. My grandfather is fairly fluent in the language, so I had a short conversation with him on the telephone. Another activity I practiced was whenever I said a simple sentence or phrase, I would do my best to translate it into German in my head. I soon found myself translating my favorite TV shows into German in my head. In my humble opinion, i think it is a great way of learning the language. It also forced me to look up words that I didn't know, or couldn't pronounce. For me, it would weigh on my mind if I couldn't figure out a word, so I would try to figure it out by separation, or by it being a cognate. I definitely brushed up on my German from this activity.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.