Dienstag, 14. Februar 2012

Kultur 3: Liz Sherzer

German Fast Food. That currywurst picture looks like diarrhea in aluminum foil. Eww... The Bratwurst im Brötchen sounds delicious though. So does Hähnchen, especially if its to go. French fries with mayo sounds disgusting. My sister likes the ketchup and mayo mix, but i find it gross. I like fries plain (or with ketchup); you can eat them on the go without getting stuff everywhere and you get a good salt taste. I am definitely going to have to try Schnitzel when I go to Europe. Overall, their food isn't that different. There's a lot of meat, with some sides.

Public Drinking. It is the picture of Germany to be able to drink beer where ever you want. They aren't super drunk, because this isn't new for them. The Sofa sounds like a great idea. Come here and drink. Don't get in trouble, sounds great. I went to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl. You can drink in the streets and Bourbon St. is full of places to get alcohol. I saw some crazy things. My over 21 friends were talking about how awesome it was to go from bar to bar and walk around outside with alcohol. There was no reason to hide it. Their were a couple cops on the street, but they were just keeping the peace. It worked well, but after a day and a half there, I needed a break. There was one time a friend dropped their giant bowl of alcohol in the street. A random guy starts trying to drink it from the ground and then holds out an empty cup to me and my friends. We didn't give him anything; he was really creepy. That is when public drinking is a bad thing. I think, overall, that its good, as long as you don't go overboard.

Beer. The weirdest thing about this article was when it mentioned that some Germans never drink beer, ever. With the lack of water and the higher cost of other drinks, I figured Beer to be like pop or lemonaid in the United States. If they don't drink beer, what do they drink?

Humor. Not funny. lol. ok just kidding. I actually really like "The Berliner" humor. A friend of mine is like that. Sometimes, it can get mean, but thats the sappy American way, I guess. I can see it going over really well with the German realism.

Pessimism. I think of myself as a realist inside and an optimist on the outside. For most of my thoughts and ideas, I try to be very realistic because, when they don't work out, its sad, especially if I had my hopes up. Knowing this, I think everyone else is like me. So, I try to be more optimistic when dealing with others. Life's too short to be negative all the time. I don't think I could stay in Germany with all its pessimism. Its depressing. I need uplifting people to give me the hope that I usually won't give myself. Maybe I already have the Germanness ....

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.