I claim to be german (-75%) but know very little about my ancestors culture in germany, and now that I'm reading this article it raises some interesting points that i never realized before now. Why are there so many china-towns and little italy's but rarely do you find a german cultural hub even though it is easy to argue that there are more people that can trace their ancestry back to germany than italy or china.
I felt like the article spent maybe a little bit to much time on the early american germans and the 19th century. This part was not as interesting to me as the specific observable aspects of society today (even though some of the historical background parts were moderately fun). Overall, it was a really easy read that covered a lot of different topics relating to current German-American culture in a short and interesting way.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.