Montag, 30. Januar 2012

Kultur2 - Joe Oliver

I was kind of worried when I read the disclaimer about these articles having negative information about Deutschland. I actually liked or felt neutral about a lot of it.

I really liked the straightforwardness sie haben. Perhaps being straightforward with comments wir as Amerikaners consider rude would take getting used to but the general ja means ja, nein means nein attitude seems sehr awesome. I remember feeling that people had a very "no nonsense" attitude when I visited New York, and liking it. Also, the idea that Deutsche people are open to discussing honest disagreements is pretty cool to me too.

I feel pretty neutral about the national past-time of complaining. I feel like Amerikaners complain a lot as well, and I also feel that a number of people im Amerika think that the country isn't what it used to be.

For the rest I feel pretty neutral. I think it's interessant and kind of funny that Germans sind obsessed with facts and statistics but at the same time they are prone to oversimplifying things, like the article said the think all Americans essen hamburgers all the time. Again, with the staring I feel that people around here stare a lot too, I relate to the public transportation Bespiel; I see people staring on the bus every day.

Part of the reason ich studiere Deutsch is because I want to eventually visit or possibly live im Deutschland, so I'm happy that the "negative" facets of Deutsch Kultur seem pretty manageable to me.

For the text readings, I wish I would've read Seite 50 the other day. I was trying to look up how to say "Biomedical Engineering" im Deutsch for the schedule assignment und I couldn't figure it out. I thought to check a Deutsch Tech Univ. website to see if they had it listed as a major, and today I found out what German Tech schools are actually called - die technische Hochschule. I remember reading in European how Universities are based on the original colleges started in Europe during the Enlightenment and I find it sehr interessant that the Deutsch schools were somewhat late in modernizing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.