Ich finde die Artikel auf Kultur sehr interessant!. Es gibt viel zu auf dem Artikel lernen. (I think that's right grammar?) What I said in my first couple sentences was that I found the article very interesting, and there is also much to learn from it as well. I found the postcard from Milwaukee to be especially interesting, in regards to how stereotyped Germans still are, even as recently as the 90's... That's really not that long ago! I think it's also very interesting to see how the different areas greet each other, whether it be a different country, or just a different area in the same country. It shows that while you may be nearly fluent in a language, you could still travel somewhere and have a hard time understanding some of what is said to you. I also think it's extremely interesting that there are clubs in Germany that pay homage to the Native Americans that influenced the German heritage in early America. The topic of the "Turners" was also very interesting to me, in regards to the fact that a movement revolving around sports changed so much of German-American and American culture. (Die Sporten sind schecht nicht!) To conclude, I learned quite a few things about my own culture that I had never heard of before, and I hope further articles will do the same
Tschüss!
When you think about American, it also has a lot of different slang from area to area. Theres even a difference from Michigan's Upper and Lower Peninsulas.
AntwortenLöschenI also thought the Native American thing was interesting. i didn't realize what a change they made in the German/American culture until I read that article.